Diet is 80% of how our body looks but why do we not think more about what we put into our bodies?
Suffering from depression I have discovered lots of food that can help alleviate depression, boost energy and help with fatigue. I also know which foods to avoid.
So if you want to learn how good can change your life keep reading.
So if you suffer from depression you most likely have an issue with your serotonin levels either you don’t make enough or your body destroys it with poor diet.
So how can you help these are a few things you can do to help:
1. Keep your blood sugar stable by eating at least 8 small meals a day this includes snacks 🍎
2. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep at least 8 hours 😴
3. Plenty of vitamins : B1, B2, B3, D and folate
4. Magnesium – dark leafy grains, fish, 🍌 and beans
5. Vitamin C as this has antidepressant properties 🍊 and 🍅
6. Plenty of exercise : running 🏃♀️ and weight training 💪
7. Omega 3 fatty acids – avacadoes, salmon, nuts 🥜
6. 5-HTP supplements
7. Get more trytophan found in dairy foods, eggs 🥚 and lean meat like chicken and turkey
8. Reduce sugars as these lead to a mood crash 🍫 and 🍰
9. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day 💧
10. Matcha 🍵 or green tea or hot water and lemon to help detox
11. Take some time out for yourself and do something you enjoy like ⛸🤸♀️🧘♀️🚴♀️🧗♂️🎹🎸
12. Make sure you get outside get half an hour of sun 🌞 and plenty of fresh air
13. If you are really struggling with life then go and see your GP take the medication and counselling. It is an illness not something you’ve done wrong.
I spent most of my life just thinking I was this down person who struggled with life and only now in my thirties I have realised it’s depression and not something to be ashamed of. You get medication to help with your serotonin imbalance but life is stressful so you will always struggle but by eating well and looking after yourself you can have a really good happy life.
Here is today’s plan for a Moodfit diet
Never skip Breakfast
So start your day with a healthy breakfast so good choices are whole grain toast or I have chosen sweet potato toast so just cook in oven for 20 mins then store in fridge and pop in toaster and top with avocado.
8 glasses of water a day this can include hot or cold water with lemon, green tea, fizzy water or fruit infused water. Try to avoid coffee it is bad if you suffer from depression can make it worse.
Banana 🍌 is always good I have one every day or an apple 🍏 for morning snack or I have chosen rice cakes so you can top with a nut butter and slices of banana you can add a drizzle of maple syrup of sprinkle some seeds or 🥜.
Try to have your carbs at lunch or protein. Here I have chosen a mushroom 🍄 omelette high in protein add some greens so maybe some spinach as well.
Have another snack
This should be a high protein meal but remember portion size. I have chosen a chicken and cashew stir fry you can add some brown rice or basmati rice or grains but 1/4 cup.
Add in some lemon 🍋 juice about 2 tbsp
So if you are a midnight muncher like me then I usually have a cup of chamomile tea to make me sleepy and a large orange 🍊 as this gives me Vit C And is also very filling and helps stave off those sugar cravings.
#neversufferinsilence #depression #anxiety #seratonin #moodfitdiet #nutrition #health #energy #healing #meditation #counselling #singlemom #fitmom #fitness #cleansing #moodycowmum #moodfit #happy